This course is the family jewel. Its training program turned EICJ into a benchmark when talking about top level Gastronomic Training.
Ham Cutting is a delicate technique based on product knowledge, morphology and origins. EICJ is specialized in turning students into actual professionals who know how to make ham profitable.
A Ham Cutter is also a product ambassador whose mission is to transform the product so the client can enjoy it. We are committed to show you our secrets so you can perform a straight cut, extract perfect slices, apply the “Corte en caída de la maza” (“Maza” levelled cut, which is a straight cut, parallel to the axis of the ham), choose the most appropriate tools and make the best presentations.
- Classification of the several hams we can find in the market.
- Designation of Origin: What do they offer?
- How to choose a good ham.
- Levelled cut and tools to perform it.
- Ham’s positioning for its cutting.
- “Maza” levelled cut.
- “Babilla” or stifle levelled cut.
- Kneecap extraction method.
- Breaking of the fibula.
- Ham presentations: artistic, mosaic, terrace.
- “Conoce el Jamón y su Corte” (“Get to know ham and its cutting”), a book by Jesús Serrano.
- Diploma of Attendance.
- Professional Ham Cutter Personal Card issued by EICJ.
- Civil Liability Insurance.
- Embroidered Cook’s Apron.
- Access to EICJ’s Online Community (Job bank, tutorials, discounts…)
- Vacuum Ham Packaging of the student’s sliced ham.
DURATION OF THE COURSE
10 hours in one day, divided into a morning session and an afternoon session.